January 19, 2022

Nostalgia

Fluttering thoughts collide against the inertia of the sea wall
Eons of time passing through my mind
I cannot close my eyes, lest I may sleep over the impasse in time
Where shall I stop to discover the thought of your presence

A spirit getting up, moving away, from all that ever have been and will be
What would have happened without you?
What would I think about lying down here, without you?
Will the time slow down like this, without you?
Would I hear the sound of nocturnals and the tiny mosquitoes, without you?
Would I feel this nostalgia, without you?

I cannot ponder over the drifting away
We met long ago, we shall meet again after a long time
Wherever you are, the speck of a thought of you comes
Every once in a while
And reminds me that life remains

Pages of the book turned over
A new chapter opens up every once in a while
When can I forget the boggling past

I will befriend your spirit in your absence
I will engulf myself with your words without you speaking
I will tease you, smile at you, laugh at you without you moving
You are present in my mind, as an unwavering thought
There is no where else I can find you, but in my mind
For the time doesn't stop neither for you nor for me

No comments: