July 22, 2010

Laugh Laugh Laugh !!!

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
--Gandhi

Laugh is just an increased smile. For those(like me :P) who always keep a smiling face laughing is similar to smiling for those who keep a normal face.

The world is such a wonderful place that it always offers a reason to smile at any point of time. I find it odd that people laugh at incidents in so called comedy movies and if a similar event happened in real life, they find it not so funny. It just takes one to visualize the real life characters as funny as those in movies.

The easiest way to laugh at small things is by remembering a similar funniest incident in the past. It can be a movie scene, or own experience or someone else's experience.

The most valuable asset to acquire the art of laughing even to small things and even when nothing has happened is Imagination. There may not be any funny incidents in the past for some events. When there are no such incidents one has to create their own incidents to be able to laugh. Also when nothing happened, there obviously cannot be any funny incident in the past similar to nothing. Imagination is nothing different from what we see in movies. Movies are nothing but imagination of the director, depicted in such a way as to make the audience forget the fact that it is not real, while watching the movie. So if one could enjoy comedy in movies, it shouldn’t be hard to enjoy an imagined act. There could be a million examples for fun with imagination. Every event in the world can be extended by imagination to make it a funny incident. That is what I call imagining the funny side of the incident. One can imagine things according to his/her sense of humour, that is what makes him/her laugh. Also when you are free, may be while traveling in a bus, just think about weird things, such as what would have happened if man had brain in the foot, or how the shape of cycle would be if man had four legs.

Be your own Joker. You may not always find others who are ready to make you smile/laugh(I feel that, making others smile is one of the greatest things in this world). Just try to remember all the funny things you have done in the past, may be when you are a child. It is said that the most exciting story in the world is that of evolution of Man. But before that, the most interesting story for me is the story that is formed by accumulating all my experiences. When I was in my 8th class, I asked my schools principal that, which tree gives bombs(Before that a friend(as**le) of me told me that there is a tree from which one can get bombs just like mango tree gives mangoes and I believed that :( ). There are many many incidents like these for me and I am sure everyone will have some such things which make him/her smile no matter how much serious work he/she is involved in.

Of course in the end, the ability to laugh is not just an art that can be acquired by following some rules. It reflects one’s inner self. It is the result of one’s outlook towards events in the external world. It is very much influenced by his/her personal experiences, the kind of mentors/teachers/role-models he/she had. A serious man who always is worried about something, of course neither looks into past for fun nor is willing to imagine fun. One cannot laugh when he/she is not happy with the way things are going on in his/her life. The state of being happy or unhappy is a direct consequence of one’s personality. So in the end being able to smile or not able to smile is just another attribute for a bigger thing called as personality.

To be able to make others laugh is a completely different art at which I am not as good as laughing (at :D)myself. It is true that those who are in a prolonged contact with me automatically comes into tune with me and laugh just like me. I am lucky to have friends who laugh more than me :).

Some say that I laugh for small things. Some say that I laugh for no reason(which is not quite true :)). I must add that recent comments from my friends made me doubt myself on the assertion that there is nothing wrong in smiling/laughing a lot. They made me look into the past to trace the origins of the laughing Anil. The thing is that it is only in group(where I will have enough characters to be imagined as being funny. Of course I can imagine the characters also, but that is not so funny :D :D) that I laugh a lot. I spend most of my time alone, so people get a wrong impression that I laugh a lot, but the fact is that when alone I don't laugh much :D.

It is only from 11th class that I used to hear comments that I laugh a lot. There are many reasons for this. First of all there is an incident in my 10th class which changed me so much that I consider I entered into a new life after that. Another reason is the influence of our beloved UV Koteswara Rao Sir(though physically he left this world, he is still alive in the form of us). Another reason is that I spent two important years, the years in which everyone gets to form a opinion of the external world, of my life alone. I can undoubtedly say that my present sense of humour and way of looking at the events in the world in such a way to maximize the possibility to smile/laugh is inspired from the Koteswara Rao sir’s comments.

I never tried to laugh more. I only try to remain happy for longer durations of time. And being able to smile/laugh is a consequence of it. The level of expectation greatly affects the level of satisfaction which ultimately defines whether he/she is Happy.

Just imagine that the world is filled with funny characters, then you can have fun everywhere :D.

No comments: